Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Becoming Ah Sei (阿四)

So, here I am again in the nursing home.  I wasn't sure what I will be doing and wondering why they have sent me back to this misery place.  It's already Wednesday and all I've done is cutting paper, answering phone calls, calculating cost for the food, buying lunch, clicking menus and bunch of useless and no-brainer stuff.  Me and my best pals online were just talking about it yesterday about how frustrated we were about our current job and we've spend so much money and time to study the major and ended up being an AH SEI (which means like a servant in Cantonese).  Seriously, why would they pay all my meals, mileage reimbursement and also hotel stay to just do a bunch of secretary work. My gosh, I went to school and have a degree that I CAN USE. But apparently my company really like to waste resources and have nothing better for me to do.  

Since I was so bored at work and I was browsing internal job website through my company and I went ahead and apply for a administrative assistant job for a SVP (Senior Vice President). I think I would be happier if I'm just a secretary and can just stop using my brain and be ditsy and stupid, sitting in the office, answering call and surfing the net.  LOL ..... I'm really so tired and bored with my career that the company has provided me so far!  I'm still yet to put in my resignation letter and can't wait to plan the next vacation with my gal pal to a place where we can find our soul again :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment