Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Becoming Helium Writer

I've actively searching for a way to improving my writing skills and working my way into the journalism world as I have a dream of becoming a food/health writer for magazines.  So, I have recently stumbled upon this website called Helium that allows writer to freelance their work and get paid if their articles get picked to be publish, or entering writing contest to compete for cash prize.  

It's a good way for me to actively researching for the latest topics that interest me and also sharing my knowledge and letting the community to critics my work and help me become better at journalism.  I've been writing about one article per day since the begining of the week as I was almost done with my work.  I was really happy to see that two of my many articles got ranked #1 rated by the Helium members.  I was thrilled although I wish all of my articles get higher ranking but there's a lot of great writers in the community that I can learn from by reading how the write and structure the article. 

So, whoever interesting in sharing their knowledge and expertise on something else. Try it and best thing was there's nothing to lose but someting to gain !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment